Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's Complicated

It's Complicated was one of those movies I wanted to wait and watch on my couch rather than the theater so I might be a little behind in posting this. The plot was cute but I think what I was really drawn to about the movie was the set and Meryl Streep's character, Jane.
It opened with a gorgeous birds-eye-view of California and the Spanish tile roofs. Jane's house is Spanish style ranch home. A perfect kitchen. For some reason Meryl's character thought it needed remodeling, but I would take it 100% as is. Pot hangers on the wall, open shelving for dishes, window overlooking plentiful herb garden, marble island, viking oven. No, nothing to change.
But I guess if you are a french trained chef you might have higher expectations. This is the bakery she owns. I think here will be something like this in heaven.

Good movie. Great set design.

No comments:

Post a Comment