Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beets me?!

So I went out on a limb and tried a new recipe for red velvet cupcakes... using beets. I know right?! I'd never even had a beet, much less baked with one! I was curious so I had to try...
I like knowing that I'm not putting junk into my body so I was all about a recipe without oil or butter but really when you take those out it makes sense it would be hard as a rock...
I can't say that I would brag about my beet cupcakes... :/ They were a for sure lacking in moisture and flavor. But we all learn from our mistakes, yeah? Good kitchen practice time? So I won't count this as a total failure and who knows what I'll try next!

So I'm not just leaving you thinking I'm a horrible cook- Last night I made and awesome quick and easy tilapia that my friend Alyssa found on another blog. Seriously 30 seconds to prep and 15 min in the oven. So good! I also made stuffed shells from the cook yourself thin website last week. A little more than 15 min but at 331 calories for 4 shells (I was stuffed at 2) I think they were very worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment