Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stupid New York

When I was little I think I was really literally mad at my parents for not "giving" me a sister. I didn't have imaginary friends, I had imaginary sisters. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother a lot and I would not change him for the world but there are a lot of things you cant do or talk about with an older brother. Even when you have to wait God always provides and He never lets us down. Thats something I'm constantly reminded of.
After having imaginary sisters until I was too old to be imagining, I found the kind of friend that... was so much more than a friend. You dont have to feel sorry for me or anything I was never really short on friends, but here I just kind of hit the friend jackpot!
I've never really liked that term "best friend," even though I use it. As girls we tend to waay over use it and it hardly means anything. Jordan really is like a sister to me (sorry if thats cheesy).

She is the friend that I can laugh for hours with about nothing (in sweet harmony),
the friend that doesnt mind if I raid her Texas closet and take her summer clothes that she wont need while she is living in stupid New York,
the friend that can just look at you and know what you are thinking,
better yet now that she is living in stupid New York she doesnt even have to look at me to know when I need a little extra encouragement
She is the friend that would never turn down a trip for ice cream or cupcakes!
the friend you can spend hours in Barnes and Nobel or bed bath and beyond doing God knows what :)
The friend that will always take self timed pictures with you like you were some kind of famous people just so you have those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment