Sunday, September 6, 2009

In town Vacay!

It is always great when friends visit and help you remember the great things your city has to offer. This past weekend two of my friends from my study abroad trip last summer came to play!
Carolyn actually had an interview Friday morning in Dallas so we met at Northpark and Laura and I just shopped and caught up until Carolyn was done. We had lunch at La Madeline, got our nails done; I ended up having to work that evening, but of course they had to meet me after work so we could get some gelato!

Satuarday morning we grabbed a little coffee and headed out to the DMA. AND bonus- because it was the first weekend of the month we got into the Nasher Sculpture Museum for free! I love these places! You dont have to be an art snob or really know anything at all to go. Its just to do something fun a little out of the norm (and really I'd like to make it a little more norm). I also loved seeing all the families that had their kids and there were activities for kids at both places! So great!
It wasnt quite the Uffizi, but it was so fun to catch up with these girls and show them my hometown. These are friends that I shared a once in a lifetime experience with and will always have such fun memories of!

No comments:

Post a Comment