Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I know that life is not measured by productivity... how many errands we run, papers we write, hours we work. As I'm still adjusting to this whole not being in school and not having a full time job, I'm struggling with satisfying my productivity meter (yeah I just made that up)

I've never been one to be able to just lay around on a Saturday, or any day really. So These days when I'm not working my four hours a day, which I'm grateful to even have that, I find myself needing to fill it with something. I go to the grocery store for my parents. I bake dessert at 10 in the morning, Learned how to use our espresso machine. OnDemand workouts are great!
I read a lot, which gives me a sense of productivity. The only problem there is the distractions at home. Namely my dad.. he works from home and is on the phone most of the time and is yet to figure out the whole inside voice thing. He is trying.

There are lots of ways that I feel productive, but the truth is it doesnt always have to be measured. No I shouldn't just lay on the couch all day. But I would go crazy doing that anyway. I will also go crazy if I keep asking myself how "productive" I've been. Yes, I was put here to do more and make something of myself. and I'm going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment