Saturday, July 24, 2010

Baking therapy

I've said before that after long day nothing helps better than a little baking. Well this has been a long week so I was for sure in need of some baking therapy.
I came across a recipe for Kara's "Bikini" Muffins. Apparently when I was little I loved these muffins, but I couldn't quite say zucchini.Here is my somewhat altered recipe for Zucchini muffins
2 cups of zucchini grated
3 eggs
3 cups of flour -- I used 1/2 wheat 1/2 all purpose
2 cups of sugar-- I used about 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of honey
1/2 t of baking powder
1 t of baking soda
1/2 t of salt
1 cup of oil-- I used oragnic applesauce
3 t cinnamon
3 t vanilla
a cup of chopped nuts
zest of a lemon
1 cup of craisins or raisins
Mix everything together except the flour and zucchini. Then add the flour and zucchini to the mixture alternating a little at a time. Bake at 350. The recipe makes 24 muffins or 2 loafs of bread. For muffins cook about 15-2o. For bread cook 40-45.
Now I'm not releasing this post like these are the best zucchini muffins I've ever had, so if you have another recipe or suggestions for tweaking this one I'm 100% open to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment