Sunday, September 20, 2009

I've spent way too much time lately in the future. Thoughts very consumed with the whole job thing. Even though I have a job, its more something to bridge the gap until I find something more full-time.
I went to Starbucks this morning to read some before church. The devotional that I was reading had me looking at an earlier verse in Matthew, but my eyes wondered a page over to Matthew 6:25-34. Do not worry. huh. funny. Cause I know that. I know that I'm supposed to trust and have faith. I know that God's plans are bigger and better than mine. I know I have no control over it and if I tried to take control I'd just mess up His perfect plan. Right, I know that.

I've always claimed not to worry about things, to be carefree and not to stress, so really usually this isnt something I struggle with. But this time I've not been so great. Its hard when people are constantly asking so, did you find a job yet? Where'd you apply today? Any progress? People are constantly giving advice (which is great and VERY welcome) but at the same time it adds a little pressure (esp when it is coming from my mom... who pays my rent and other bills :/)
I needed this reminder. A reminder that no, I don't have my ideal job right now. I do have an income. I do actually like my job, just not long term. I do have parents that are letting me live at their house and eat their food. for free. so just breathe
A reminder that He is in control. my stressing and fretting and worrying is Satan. Yes, I need to fill out applications and send emails, but to stress and worry over it does zero good. so just breathe
So thank you Mr. Chambers. Hopefully I can get better again about pairing those books with my coffee.. and a little less Regis and Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment